Instructions for December 1 Performance with Rhythm of the Rockies
We are gearing up for a number of performances during this Christmas season. Our first performance is our guest spot on Rhythm of the Rockies Christmas show on Saturday December 1. In this blog (and email) you will find information that you need for that performance.
Location: The Bethany Chapel; 3333 Richardson Way S. W. Calgary (next to Mount Royal University)
- Please arrive by 5:30 PM on show day.
- At 5:45 PM we will rehearse the finale, Dona Nobis Pacem, with Rhythm of the Rockies on the risers on stage.
- From 6:00 PM to 6:20 PM we have the risers to ourselves for a brief sound check and run through of some songs. We don’t need to be ‘in costume’ until later because we start the second half of the show, after the intermission. After our sound check will return to our rehearsal room for a bit of warm-up and to review the plan for the night. We will know what our rehearsal room will be when arrive on Saturday.
- We will likely watch Rhythm for the first part of the show during the first half. Please sit together at the back of the sanctuary if there are seats, so you can exit quietly when required. Once we see the plan for their first half we will let you know when to exit the sanctuary and to gather in our rehearsal room.
- We will do our final warm-up just before and during the intermission of the show. Then we will proceed to the lobby of the church where we will enter the sanctuary from.
- We will enter the sanctuary when announced down the 2 aisles and gather on the risers. Make sure you interact with the audience as you walk in! We will have some candy canes to hand out too. After our set we plan to exit right down the steps into the audience, down the aisles and then we’ve been asked to sit in the sanctuary until we are called up for the finale song.
What to wear?:
Christmas casual attire for the stage (no elf costumes and no tuxedos) – suggested you wear dark slacks (not blue jeans, but black jean-like pants are acceptable) and a casual shirt. I would suggest a light coloured shirt (NOT our WHS branded shirts). If you have a Christmas tie, a bowtie, or a Christmas sweater that would be great, as would a scarf, a Christmas hat, elf hat etc. We want to look interesting on the stage. If you have a Christmas sweater, especially a silly one, that would also be delightful. If you have questions feel free to ask me or Billy for some guidance.
I would suggest that you be dressed for our performance before the first half of the show starts, except for hats, sweaters, scarves, ties etc that you can put on after we watch part of Rhythm’s set when we get back to our rehearsal room
I have uploaded the draft script onto our website and it includes the song list for December 1. If you are reading this by email, then I have attached a copy to this email. If you have any questions please let me know. Our song list for December 1 is:
Joy To The World
O Come All Ye Faithful
In The Bleak Midwinter
Slow Rockin’ Christmas
The First Noel
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
For those of you who have indicated you will attend the afterglow (cast party) it will be in the gym at the Bethany Chapel and will include light sandwiches, squares, punch, tea/coffee etc. There may be an opportunity for some quartet or chorus singing at the afterglow. We will see when we get there.
There is quite a bit of parking around the Bethany Chapel as well as on the street behind. There is also an overflow parking lot at the north end of Richardson Road S.W. behind the Bethany Chapel. If you choose to park at Mount Royal College across the street be careful of the pay parking areas.